Monday, November 17, 2008 11:05 pm
My mum was telling me just now about the show "Life Transformers" or "心晴大动员" where hosts Quan Yifeng and Christopher Lee visit the less fortunate people living in Singapore. Anyway, last week they visited the home of this 10 year old girl, and both host cried after listening to his story. Apparently, the little's girl mum was left bed-ridden for 9 years after some illness. But the most unfortunate thing was that her father after a few years met with an accident leaving him not able to walk properly. But as the sole breadwinner of the family, he had to continue on with his job selling newspapers with the help of his daughter.And the daughter is so obedient, everyday she cooks and clean up the entire house. Cleans up after her mother has done her "business", bath her mother and so on. The worst part is that everything that this family has was donated by other people. The daughter when asked whether she had ever thought of wanting to be the same as other kids, have toys and stuff, she answered "I don't even dare to think of it." Really omg man, just by hearing my mother say the story I already feel like crying. But I missed that episode!!! Going to find it online, and I thought of finding out the address of this little girl and sent stuff over to her . Well, the staff of media corp were really kind, I heard that a lot of them voluntarily bought necessities for the family, found a computer for the little girl and bought beds for all of them. Previously they were sleeping on wooden boards, can you imagine a bed-ridden person with no proper bed.